Windom Area Foundation
- Applications are accepted at any time.
- Grant deadline is July 1 each year.
- Windom Area Foundation will typically award grants in August.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Complete the online SWIF grant application at https://swifoundation.org/how-to-apply/grants/grant-pre-application-questionnaire/. Please refer to the scoring rubric to make sure your application addresses all 8 categories completely.
- Questions about receiving grants from the Foundation endowment fund? Contact Ryan McNamara: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Questions about receiving grants from the Foundation’s temporary school funds account? Contact Peggy Pfeffer: email@example.com
- Windom Area Foundation accepts grant proposals that demonstrate a benefit within the Windom area, specifically related to Living, Working, and Playing in the Windom area.
- Grant applications must be approved by a supervisor and/or supervisory board when applicable. Indicate this on your application.
- All proposals must be submitted by a 501(c)(3) organization, a unit of government or by a public agency. Please research your organization’s specific tax status prior to application to ensure your organization is eligible. We do require a copy of your letter of determination from the IRS. A nonprofit organization/group that is not organized as a 501(c)(3) must apply through a suitable fiscal agent willing to accept responsibility for the project.
- Windom Area Foundation uses a scoring rubric that looks at these 8 categories:
– Organization History – Community Need
– Community Benefit – Program Objective
– Innovative Approach – Timetable
– Budget – Appropriateness of Request
- Our grants range from $500 minimum to $5,000, not to exceed 50 percent of the project. (50% funding does not apply to the temporary school funds account.)
- Organizations receiving grants must allow the Foundation to use the name of the recipient organization in Foundation publicity. Organizations receiving grants are encouraged to recognize the Foundation as appropriate on their website and in printed materials. As part of the application, the Foundation requires a photograph and description of how your organization utilized our funding. We love testimonials!
- We will NOT consider the following:
- Annual campaigns
- Debt reduction/retirement
- For-profit businesses
- General-purpose/operating support
- Lobbying or political activities
- National fundraising campaigns
- Ongoing, open-ended grants
- Staff support including salary and benefits
- Ticket sales, raffles, fundraising dinners